I’ll be honest, I’m starting to get a little desperate! All of the Halloween fun came to a grinding halt, and the more the kids are indoors, the more they want to turn to their screens. So I’m getting back on track with my “keep the family busy and active” lists. Here’s my latest list of places to visit…I’d love to hear some of your favorite ways to keep your kids off screens on Facebook, Instagram, or in the comments below too!
- Find and open gym and play! UrbanAir Trampoline Park in Overland Park is now offering an Endless Play membership, so you can enjoy the fun all winter long.
- Experience the exhilaration: Climb a rock wall at Apex Climbing Gym, Emerald City Gym, or Paradise Park, or check out the ropes course at one of Main Event’s three KC area locations.
- Visit a community center: After touring the facility, many will give you a free trial pass so you and the family can try it out for a day – or even up to a week. Plus, you may find your new favorite place to hang out as a family.
- Check out Union Station’s new Genghis Khan exhibit, or swing by Science City for some interactive fun. Then hop on the KC Streetcar for a free and easy tour of the downtown area. Betty Rae’s Ice Cream shop is right on the route if you need to stop for a snack.
- Celebrate the arts in Kansas City with Scavenger Saturdays at the Kemper Museum, Free Weekend Fun at the Nelson-Atkins, or get off the beaten path and visit one of the metro area’s many other unique museums
And, of course, visit our Events Calendar for more fun things to do in Kansas City!