New Year’s Eve has been a special time for us to get together with our close circle of friends and their children. We haven’t always made it to midnight, but we have built up many treasured memories, including streamers and horns, apple cider champagne and fun treats on the menu, silly games and lots of laughter.
Whatever ages or stages your kids are at right now, there are some fabulous ways to celebrate in KC on December 31:
- Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve at Paradise Park: This is the New Year’s party to end all parties! It’s everything a kid loves, wrapped into one giant event that includes a noon ball drop, a North Pole Battle at 1pm, super cool snow machine, free holiday treat and noisemakers…plus all the usual fun at Paradise Park from 9:30am-6pm. And don’t miss out on the Ginormous Gingerbread House!
- Noon Year’s Eve at Science City: Join Science City from noon-7pm for tons of fun with hands-on science demos & workshops, a spectacular science show, interactive Maker activities, and a giant, 2,500 balloon drop at 6pm.
- WonderEve: Celebrate the “Noon Year,” December 31 at WonderScope. All exhibits are open 9-11am, followed by a New Year’s Eve concert with Mr. Stinky Feet, Jim Cosgrove, at 11am. After the concert, families get to ring in the “Noon Year” with hats, noisemakers and a confetti blast.
- Zoo Year’s Eve: Ring in the new year Zoo-style! Penguins, polar bears, and many more animals will enjoy festive enrichment items. Dance to the beats of an interactive DJ and make a party hat for the new year.
- Winterfest at Worlds of Fun: Celebrate the last night of Winterfest on New Year’s Eve with Thousands of sparkling lights transform the park as visitors see live shows, meet iconic holiday characters, ice skate and ride select park attractions.
Find more fun holiday things to do in our Events Calendar!