I love how Valentine’s Day gives us something to look forward to during the dreariest part of winter. But with so much going on, it can be hard to wrap my head around making it a special day for the family. Here are some ideas we’ve cultivated to make it easy to plan your own special day!
- Show the love for the Kansas City Chiefs with a Chiefs Super Bowl photo opp. The Union Station KC World Champions display has moved to Oak Park Mall through Feb. 16! More info here
- Create your own Valentine’s art at Kaleidoscope, or one of KC’s many art studios
- Get wild! Learn how animals ask each other to be their Valentine at Martha Lafite Thompson Nature Sanctuary or the Kansas City Zoo
- Go back in time to Lanesfield School to create old-fashioned Valentine’s Day cards
- Head to your local library for myriad Valentine’s Day activities!
- Make a family date to do something fun: go ice skating, head to a new playzone, or make time to go to your local coffee shop for a special hot chocolate treat!
Above all, enjoy this special day with your family!