Labor Day weekend is ahead of us for 3 full days of fun! Here are some ideas to enjoy it with your family, both indoors and outdoors:
- Visit Union Station for the final days of the remarkable Stonehenge exhibit (through Sept. 29), or KidFest at Science City on August 31. Or enjoy both with a combined ticket!
- SantaCaliGon Days: Commemorate the origin of the Santa Fe, California, and Oregon trails with entertainment, food and crafts, and some serious carnival fun at Historic Independence Square
- Kansas City Irish Fest: Head to Crown Center and celebrate Kansas City’s proud Celtic heritage with three days of music, dancing and a massive Children’s Area
- DeSoto Days: Entertainment, a carnival, food, parades and more during the DeSoto Days festival
- KC Renaissance Festival Opening Weekend: It’s opening weekend for Renaissance Festival! Travel back in time to experience Jousting Knights, village shops, funny jesters, music, magic and more in Bonner Springs, KS
- Expanding Oz, a special exhibit featuring everything you need to know about the Wizard of Oz at Johnson County Museum
- Adventures with Clifford the Big Red Dog (through Sept. 22) is free, fun and active at Crown Center
Or check out our Events Calendar for more Labor Day options!