Mother’s Day is always a special time to spend with family…doing whatever it is mom wants to do! If you’re still thinking about what you want to do this weekend, here are a few ideas:
Friday, May 12
- Mom & Me Camping Event: Looking for some unplugged time with your kids? Enjoy an overnight experience together in the great outdoors with dinner, a sunset hike and campfire at TimberRidge Adventure Center.
- Family Fun Night at Paint Glaze & Fire: Enjoy a family night of pizza, painting and fun, together as a family. 5:30-8pm, Paint Glaze & Fire Ceramics & Coffee House
Saturday, May 13
- Mother-Daughter Tea: Bring your hat and enjoy tea, refreshments, and a special workshop on cupcake decorating! Noon-2pm at the Atkins-Johnson Farm & Museum.
- Kansas City’s Train Day 2017: Train rides, entertainment by Rockin Rob, face painting, inflatables, Imagination Playground, crafts and more! Includes train rides on the Kansas City Norther Miniature Railroad and ice skating at Line Creek Ice Arena.
- Sprint Family Fun Days: Celebrate the Carnival Circus at this larger-than-life event in the Kansas City Power & Light District. Better yet, admission is FREE!
- Farmers Market Spring Celebration:Enjoy live music and activities for kids while you shop for fresh produce, plants, baked goods and more at the Downtown Lee’s Summit Farmers Market
- Lenexa Art Fair: A one-day art fair with 50 fine artists from the region, live jazz music, food trucks, and plenty of kid’s activities at the Lenexa City Center; free admission and shuttles.
- National Train Day: Learn about railroad history and enjoy the beauty of the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens while the kids discover the fun train garden and enjoy train-themed games, crafts and face painting. Kids get to run the trains too!
Sunday, May 14 – Mother’s Day!
- Mother’s Day at the Zoo: What better way to celebrate Mom than a day at the Kansas City Zoo? Moms will receive complimentary admission today, and a special gift from the Zoo and Sun Fresh.
- Mother’s Day at Powell Gardens: All moms receive free admission on Mother’s Day! Enjoy the beauty of the spring gardens as well as brunch (with reservations) at in Café Thyme.
- Mom’s Week at Paradise Park: Mom or Grandma gets a free Max Pak pass with the purchase of any Max Paks for kids or grandkids in honor of Mother’s Day! Kids can also Make a gift for mom.
Thanks to all of you hard-working moms out there in KC. Whatever you do this weekend, we hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day!