The 2018 Kansas City Royals home opener is THIS Thursday, March 29, and all of us at KC Kids Fun are looking forward to another exciting season of #KC baseball! The other good news: it’s a season full of special events ahead for KC families.
A few fun events for families include:
- GordoNation: Cheer on Gold Glove winner Alex Gordon in his special fan section at (almost) every Thursday home game!
- Autism Awareness Night at the K, April 13
- Family Fun Day Sundays: Sunday games at the K include tons of fun for the youngest fans, including pre-game face painting, player signatures and entertainment at the Outfield Experience stage; a post-game fun run around the bases, and $10 all-day play passes for the Royals Outfield Experience
- STAR WARS® Night, May 4: Celebrate the Royals and your favorite movie series and get a Sal Solo bobblehead! Salvy IS a superhero, after all!
- Independence Day Fireworks Spectacular, July 4, plus post-game fireworks every Friday night during the summer!
- Plus a number of other special theme days, including four Bark at the Park events, a celebration of area universities (Mizzou, KU and K-State for starters) and tons of other fun throughout the season!
Whenever you go, definitely take advantage of the Royals Outfield Experience. Complete with playground, carousel, mini golf, batting challenge, pitching mound, and Sluggerrr’s Base Run, be prepared to spend lots of time there, especially with your younger ones. It’s still my son’s favorite part of the game!
Enjoy your day at the K!
Logo courtesy of www.sports-logos-screensavers.com.