With the forecast ahead, we couldn’t pick a better time to list off KC’s water parks – with a few other really fun swim spots sprinkled in – to help you beat the heat! Height restrictions are in place at many of the water parks, so check websites to see what works for your family.
- The Bay (outdoor): The Bay has a water playground with slides, sprays, fountains, and a huge dumping bucket, plus a giant family water slide.
- Coco Key (indoor): Coco Keys has a good selection of water activities and slides, including a shallow pool and mini-slide for the little ones, a relaxing lazy river, 4 big water slides, and lots of other water-related fun. Day passes and hotel/water park packages are available.
- Great Wolf Lodge (indoor/outdoor): Located at The Legends, Great Wolf has tons of slides, fountains and other water activities for all ages. Water park passes come as part of your room reservation, no day passes are available.
- Oceans of Fun (outdoor): Oceans of Fun has lots of play areas for the little ones, plus tons of water slides, rapids, wave pools and more for the older kids. There are height restrictions for many of the rides and pools, so best to check out their website to see what works for your family.
- Schlitterbahn (outdoor): Also located at the Legends, Schlitterbahn offers interconnected rivers, which go from lazy to rapids, various kiddie water parks, and, of course lots of slides and other water fun.
- Shawnee Mission Park Beach (outdoor): For something a little different, check out Shawnee Mission Park’s beach. Be sure to bring tools to build a sand castle or two while you’re there!
- Splash Cove (outdoor): This is a great pool for the little ones, with a mini wave pool, full body slide, and an incredible interactive playground with zero-depth entry. Plus, its smaller size makes it easier for you to keep an eye on everyone.
- The Springs Aquatic Park (outdoor): Complete with a lazy river, vortex, water slides, a misting spa and a fun spray ground (spray ground currently under construction), the Springs is a smaller venue that makes it a little easier to keep an eye on everyone!
Remember, there are TONS of great pools and splash parks to visit too! Many of these have fun and special features that make them just as much fun as a water park, but easier to keep an eye on the kids.
Images courtesy of City of Shawnee.