Valentine’s Day usually sneaks up on me.
Class parties and school Daddy-Daughter dances to prepare for, combined with school conferences to schedule, date night to plan, and a million other details to stay on top of this time of year, get the best of me.
So I’m taking time this year to plan a special Valentine’s outing for the family. Here are a few family-friendly Valentine’s ideas to enjoy this year in KC:
- Get crafty at one of many local kid- and family-friendly art studios
- Animal Valentines, 10am, Feb. 14 at Martha Lafite Thompson Nature Sanctuary
- Valentines for Groundhogs, 11am, Feb. 9 at George Owens Nature Park
- Lanesfield School Valentine’s Day, 1-5pm, Feb. 8 & 9 to create some old-fashioned Valentine’s cards
- Get inspired to create your own Valentine’s cards at Kaleidoscope
- Head to an area library for some Valentine’s Day fun: Mid-Continent Public Libraries, Olathe Libraries, Kansas City, KS Libraries and Johnson County Libraries all have special Valentine’s crafts and activities. And the DeSoto Branch of JoCo Libraries is even combining Valentine’s Day with community service with kid-friendly projects to help Meals on Wheels.
- Embrace the cold weather with Ice Skating, followed by hot chocolate for a warm-up treat
If all else fails, make a family date to visit your favorite restaurant or playzone and call it a day!
Stay tuned for some other great ways to share the Valentine’s love…coming soon.