We recently had friends in town for a few days and wanted to make the most of their visit. So we spent a little time narrowing things down to our top 5 favorite spots to show them. Here’s where we landed:
- Deanna Rose Farmstead: Feed baby goats, find a peaceful seat in the butterfly garden or go fishing, to name a few…the Farmstead is a great place for little ones to run and play!
- Kansas City Zoo: Can you tell we like animals? Our particular zoo faves include the Helzberg Penguin Plaza, the carousel, and a snack at the giraffe lookout
- Kaleidoscope & Crown Center: get down and dirty creating super-fun art, then enjoy a leisurely visit and lunch at Crown Center, with a side visit to the fudge shop and the Crayola store
- The Country Club Plaza & Loose Park: Head to the park for some duck pond and playground fun, then enjoy a bite to eat and a relaxing stroll around the Plaza
- Science City: Water play, outdoor science and Maker Space all make for a fun and educational experience within Union Station
There are tons of other great spots in KC, including BBQ eateries, but we did what we could in our limited time together!