There are ton’s of fun Halloween-themed activities happening in and around KC. Here’s a list of some of our faves!
- Night of the Living Farm: Old-fashioned lanterns and carved pumpkins will light the way for tons of fun at the 20th annual Night of the Living Farm at the Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead, 13800 Switzer, Overland Park, KS; 6-9pm, Oct. 27 & 28.
- Spookfest: Science Unwrapped: Join Science City at Union Station for spooky science demos & activities, creepy critters & eerie edibles, a spooktacular science show, a costume contest, community clay project and more Halloween fun! 5-8pm, Oct. 28
- Fall Harvest Days & Petting Zoo at Paradise Park! Enjoy hayrides, s’mores, hot chocolate and the Paradise Park Petting Zoo. $7/person, Oct. 28 & 29, noon-6pm at Paradise Park, 1021 NE Colbern Rd Lee’s Summit, MO 64086
- Boo-tastic Fun: It’s a Halloween good time at Crown Center! Take your photo with the Wicked Queen from noon-4pm and enjoy puppet shows from StoneLion Puppet Theatre at noon & 2pm, Oct. 28 & 29
- Boo at the Zoo: Children will trick-or-treat the Zoo while enjoying a great day of not so spooky activities, including animal pumpkin smashes! Oct. 28 & 29, 9:30am-5pm.
- Kid Safe Halloween at Shoal Creek: Trick or treat throughout Shoal Creek village. Infants through elementary age children are invited to wear your favorite costume and bring your treat bag. Oct. 28, 11am-3pm at Shoal Creek Living History Museum, in Hodge Park, 7000 NE Barry Rd, KCMO 64156
- Ciders & Spiders, Tricks & Treats: Enjoy a fun-filled afternoon at Louisburg Cider Mill Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze! Trick or treating, kids music, a costume contest, corn maze, childrens play areas, Mount Sunflower Slide, farm animals and more! Oct. 28, 4-8pm; $10 admission; children 3 & under free; everyone in costume gets $2 off admission.
- The Great Pumpkin Fest: Worlds of Fun’s Great Pumpkin Fest is a family-friendly event that is all treats and no tricks! Enjoy special Halloween-themed activities for kids plus PEANUTS-themed rides and attractions in Planet Snoopy! Oct.28 & 29
- Trick or Treat OFF the Street: Dress in your Halloween costume and experience 1860s fall living history activities, including a hayride! 3-6pm, Oct. 28 at Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm, 1200 E. Kansas City Road, Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Prowl-O-Ween: See the big cats (and wolves!), venture into a haunted house, and get treats & face painting with your little ghosts and ghouls! $9/person; 10am-5pm Oct. 28 & 10am-3pm Oct. 29 at Cedar Cove Feline Conservatory & Education Center, 3783 K68 Highway, Louisburg, Kansas, 66053
Looking for more Halloween fun? Check out our Events Calendar, with tons more Halloween ideas! And stay tuned for some great (& safe) area trick or treating options…coming soon to KC Kids Fun!
Images courtesy of Deanna Rose Childrens Farmstead, Science City at Union Station and Worlds of Fun.