It may not be cold yet in KC, but it’s still fun to sit in a cozy car with your family to see Christmas lights around KC! Know of a good display near you? Make sure to add to the list in the “Comments” section so all of our KC Kids Fun friends can enjoy!
Kansas City-Area Christmas Light Displays
- Country Club Plaza, KCMO
- Mayor’s Christmas Tree at Crown Center, KCMO
- Downtown Dazzle, KCMO
- Christmas Card Lane north of 151st around Ridgeview and Frontier (Mission Ridge subdivision) in Olathe, KS
- Christmas in the Park, Longview Lake Campground on Raytown Rd. in Lee’s Summit, MO.
- Holiday Lights on Farmstead Lane at Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead
- Lee’s Summit Magic Tree, I-470 and View High Drive
- Legendary Light Show at Legends Outlet Mall
- Downtown Overland Park, The Village at Briarcliff (KCMO), Brookside and Downtown Lee’s Summit all have light displays.
- Christmas Place 132nd and Antioch, south Overland Park, KS.
- Paulie’s Penguin Playground, Olathe, KS
- Vince & Associates – 103rd & Metcalf, Overland Park, KS – Park at Emmanuel Baptist Church for the best view.
- Mormon Visitors Center, Independence, MO
- Downtown Marriott, an amazing computer-generated facade to celebrate the season!
- Musical Christmas Light House, 132nd & Roe, Leawood, KS
- Stagecoach Park, 1205 East Kansas City Road, Olathe, KS
- Kryger Family Display, 132nd Street & Granada Drive, Leawood, KS
For a great list of metro area (on the Kansas side) residential displays, don’t miss Keith’s list at KansasTravel.org!
One last thought on Christmas lights: If the kids can’t sit in the car, check out the Holidays at Union Station – lots of space to run around and various activities to keep little ones busy all month long!
Image courtesy of Jackson County Parks & Rec’s Christmas in the Park.