There’s nothing like a day out at a baseball game, and we are so lucky to have 2 great alternatives in Kansas City between the Royals and T-bones. Each team and stadium have their own draws for families. Here’s what we like about them both for a family outing:
I love our boys in blue, but let’s admit it, the games are long and kids’ attention spans are short. It’s been great to watch over the years as the K continues to make games even more fun and accessible with things like:
- Family FunDay Sundays which includes 4 tickets and 2 passes to the Outfield Experience for interactive games, pre-game player autographs in front of the dugout, and a post-game Fun Run around the bases.
- The Outfield Experience, which is open during all games, features a playground, carousel, mini golf, batting challenge, base run (our kids’ favorite) and more. Some of these are free, some require tokens (or the Family FunDay Sundays passes for total access).
- Royals Summer Fireworks at Friday night games throughout the season, plus special theme days including KidFest, Paint at the Park, Bark at the Park, and my husband’s favorite: Star Wars theme day.
- Birthday Party Tours, while a little on the pricey side, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience for your young baseball fan!
- Plus, tons of discount options throughout the season, including Bang for your Buck ticket packages throughout the summer, Buck Night hot dogs and peanuts for every Friday evening game, Student Nights, and Jackson County Days all help make a night out at the K a little more budget friendly.
We can’t forget the very family-friendly T-Bones baseball, which also has a lot to offer. Including easy access and short walks to and from the parking lot, which is a huge bonus for anyone carrying a tired child. Believe me, I know how heavy they get! T-Bones also offers:
- Tons of fun during each game, with silly games for participants of all ages between innings, plus ongoing fun stuff like player autographs on Wednesdays, post-game skydivers on Fridays, post-game fireworks on Saturdays, and the T-Bones own version of Sunday Funday, which includes a pre-game catch on the field and post-game fun run.
- Fun themes including a Salute to Disney, Superhero Night, Kids Take over the Park Night and Ice Cream Night.
- The T-Bones also offer a super cute birthday party option that my son fell in love with last summer, which includes tickets to a game, seats around one of the picnic tables, tickets to the inflatables, treats, and a special visit from Sizzle the Bull.
- In addition to all kinds of special promotions throughout the season, T-Bones tickets are definitely more budget friendly, plus the parking is free. My kids enjoy the closer views offered at T-Bones Stadium.
Wherever you go to get in your summer baseball, enjoy every minute of it with your family!