There’s no shortage of art and creativity in the great Kansas City area. So if your little ones prefer summer camp fun that involves using their creativity, we’ve found plenty to choose from. Here’s a roundup of the great Art Camps in Kansas City this summer!
Get started by checking out your local parks and recreation catalog and then check these out!
(If you operate a Kansas City area day or overnight camp which is not listed here or in one of other other camp listings, please let us know! And if you’re interested in a Sponsored Listing, email us for information.
- Art with Myrna (Overland Park, KS) Stay cool and create at Art with Myrna Clay Classes, with classes throughout the summer and flexible scheduling.
- CartoonWorks (Kansas City, MO) Ron Wheeler’s Cartoon Camp teaches the basics of cartooning, sculpting with clay and creating a comic strip. Audrey’s Art Camp includes working with clay, etching and crafting paper.
- Johnson County Park and Recreation District offers tons of summer camp programs, including camps that focus on performing arts! Dates, locations and fees vary.
- Kansas City Young Audiences Summer camps and classes for your young performer – ages 4 & up with a variety of classes and camp times, including some visual arts options!
- Mattie Rhodes Art Center (Kansas City, MO) has art exploration classes and programs for kids of all ages, pre-school through teenagers. A variety of art forms will be introduced!
- Culture House (Olathe, KS) has a HUGE variety of summer courses available including performing arts and visual arts.
- The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (Kansas City, MO) has a mix of hands-on and art appreciation classes for a variety of ages. These programs sell out FAST!
- Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art (Overland Park, KS) Fun and educational hands-on art classes offered throughout the year for kids.
- Paint Glaze and Fire (Overland Park, KS) hosts Camp ARTrageous and other fun ceramics classes throughout the summer.
- Red Star Studios Summer Art Camp (KCMO) offers great youth and adult experiences throughout the year. Different themes and mediums will be explored each session. Parent/child classes also available!
- Wolf Creek Art Studio (south Overland Park, KS) offers half-day, week-long Art Camps for kids ages 6-16. A different form of art will be explored each day and includes fun outdoor activities!
- YMCA (20 locations in the metro) offers camps for 5-15 year olds throughout the summer with tons of themes and traditional camp activities. Great hours for working parents with before and after camp care.
We’ll add to this list as we discover new camps and classes for this summer! In the meantime, take a look at the ones listed here, the ones offered by your parks and rec department and even the ones put on inside your favorite chain craft store (like Michael’s or JoAnn – they generally have a full calendar of classes).